Monday, June 25, 2012

Just Do It... or is there another way?


I'm reading The Lean Startup by Eric Ries, read the first post here. In this post, I want to emphasize this quote from the book:
"[S]ome entrepreneurs and investors have thrown up their hands and adopted the "Just Do It" school of startups. This school believes that if management is the problem, chaos is the answer. Unfortunately, … this doesn't work either."
During Founders' Week here in Helsinki I got the opportunity to speak to Paul Bragiel. He is very much a "just do it" kind of guy, I wish I would have read The Lean Startup before that so I could have challenged him on that point.

Ries' answer is that yes, the old school of management fails when it is applied to startups. But there is an alternative to chaos. That alternative is promised later on in the book. I'm all ears.

No comments:

Entertaining Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Bloggtoppen.se