Wednesday, February 24, 2016

How does the payment card ecosystem work?

There are five entities in any card transaction. The cardholder, the merchant, the acquirer, the card scheme and the card issuer. The cardholder is usually a person looking to buy something. The merchant is someone like Booking. The acquirer is a company like Adyen. The card scheme is Visa or MasterCard. The card issuer is a bank, Barclays for instance.

Flow of information


Source

Flow of money
When the payment processor receives the transaction data, they bill the cardholder and deposits the money to the merchant's bank account. The bank account must be a merchant account.

The payment processor

A payment processor, also known as an acquirer, is the one that receives card transaction details (name, card number, expiry date, CCV code). They then pass on the information to the card issuer via the card scheme for authorisation. When you buy something from Booking.com, they pass on your card details to Adyen, that send the information to MasterCard or Visa, that send the information to Barclays. Barclays then authorise the payment, via the card scheme, to Adyen, to Booking.com. 

The main job of the payment processor (besides passing on the information) is to deal with chargebacks and to respond to request for information from the issuer. 

There may also be a payment gateway between the merchant and the payment processor. It is prohibited (at least in the US) to send transaction details directly from a website to a payment processor. The payment gateway acts as a physical payment terminal.


The merchant acquirer

The merchant acquirer recruits the merchant to join the network and provides front-end and back-end services. The merchant acquirer routes the transaction to the payment processor. 

The card issuer

The job of the card issuer (typically a bank) is to issue card, bill the card holder and collect payment.

The card holder

The credit card holder's liability is limited to $50 in the US (regulation Z). Regulation E affords similar limitations on liability to debit cards.

The issuing bank

The issuing bank is responsible for authorisation of the payment. That means checking that the card holder has sufficient credit and carrying out fraud checks. After authorisation comes clearing and settlement. Settlement is the process of clearing the debt incurred by the card holder when the purchase was made. Clearing is a set of transfers that happen after purchase and before settlement. Money usually don't change hands. Instead, lots of transactions are netted. Clearing also includes meeting reporting requirements and the exchange of information this entails. The most common example of clearing is the exchange of transaction information from the merchant to the bank.

What is authorisation?
Authorisation is the process of obtaining permission from the bank that issued the card to accept the card for payment. 

What is clearing and settlement?
Clearing and settlement is the process of sending transactions through the Visa or MasterCard network so that the merchant can be paid for the sale

8 comments:

No Name said...

Hello Everyone !

USA SSN Leads/Dead Fullz available, along with Driving License/ID Number with good connectivity.

All SSN's are Tested & Verified.

**DETAILS IN LEADS/FULLZ**

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER
->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
->EMPLOYEE DETAILS

*Price for SSN lead $2
*You can ask for sample before any deal
*If you buy in bulk, will give you discount
*Sampling is just for serious buyers

->Hope for the long term business
->You can buy for your specific states too

**Contact 24/7**

Whatsapp > +923172721122

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

Telegram > @leadsupplier

ICQ > 752822040

Unknown said...

This is an unforgettable experience my score was about 450. I couldn’t get anything at all due to low fico. I had a few negatives, my profile was laden with hard inquiries. So I went online and found a credit company on a blog I contacted them on (310) 879 2541, and after further agreement I made with him, I made a decision that if he can help me, I will forever be in their debt, they assured me they will do everything possible to fix my credit. After 7 days I couldn’t believe my eyes, they deleted everything bad on my credit profile including my hard inquiries and increased my score to 790 and added two trade lines. They made me the happiest woman on earth. Please if you have a similar issues contact LANX CREDIT SOLUTION. Here is their mail LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely pleased with the service LANX CREDIT SOLUTION provided. It was Awesome!!! They are a top-notch credit repair company. My score was boosted to 784, the fact that all negative items, including late payments, evictions, Judgements and traffic citations were expunged still baffles me, they also cleared my credit card debts. All this was done in 14 days. Contact them today and you’ll be glad you did. .reach them via LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM and or +1 (310) 879 2541. TELL THEM YOU READ MY REVIEW

Unknown said...

Oftentimes, it could seem unfair when you are unable to afford the basic things. not being able to acquire a home, car or loan. Simply because your credit score is low. I had suffered terribly due to a low credit score caused by eviction, late payments and hard inquiries. I had to contact LANX CREDIT SOLUTION a credit repair company. They literally saved me from my traumatizing experience. They increased my score and removed the negative and derogatory Items on my credit report. This review is in order to encourage you to do something about your bad credit. It took just 12 days for things to change everything.
PHONE: (310) 879 2541
Email: LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM

Unknown said...

My name is Alice and I just want to give a quick review and introduce you to LANX CREDIT SOLUTION, I must tell you that I was skeptical at first about this Company when they told me they’ll remove all the derogatory items in my report, and give me a better FICO. Believe me, giving in to their offer is the best decision I have made in a while, my FICO went from low 485 to a high 780 and my husband’s score went from 612 to 800. We did all they asked us to do and delivered as promised. They removed late payments, some charge offs, eviction and collections. We are still amazed at how awesome this company is. Call them on (310) 879 2541 or email them at LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM. You also will testify…

Unknown said...

Hello there, I have been reading a lot about these credit repair companies and it reminded me of the great job Lanx Credit Solution did for me earlier this year, apparently my fico is still at 765 after 6 months of working with them. Before I contested them my score was as low as 530, had loads of negative items and credit card debts and a Judgement. They helped me tidy it up really good and added some trade lines in it. They are really good at it. Here is their contact just in case in require such service LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM / +1 (310) 879 2541. Thanks and have a great day.

Unknown said...

Truthfully, taking the decision of contacting a credit repair company was not an easy one, I desperately needed a home, I couldn’t get one due to the evictions and Late payments on my credit, with a very low FICO, I was frustrated and had no choice but try one. Luckily for my I read some very good reviews on LANX CREDIT SOLUTION and decided to contact them. I have never been happier, my FICO was increased to 750 and the late payments and evictions were taken off my report. Superb service I must say!!! You can reach them on LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM or (310) 879 2541. thanks

Anonymous said...

LEGIT FULLZ & TOOLS STORE

Hello to All !

We are offering all types of tools & Fullz on discounted price.
If you are in search of anything regarding fullz, tools, tutorials, Hack Pack, etc
Feel Free to contact

***CONTACT 24/7***
**Telegram > @leadsupplier
**ICQ > 752822040
**Skype > Peeterhacks
**Wicker me > peeterhacks

"SSN LEADS/FULLZ AVAILABLE"
"TOOLS & TUTORIALS AVAILABLE FOR HACKING, SPAMMING,
CARDING, CASHOUT, CLONING, SCRIPTING ETC"

**************************************
"Fresh Spammed SSN Fullz info included"
>>SSN FULLZ with complete info
>>CC With CVV (vbv & non vbv) Fullz USA
>>FULLZ FOR SBA, PUA & TAX RETURN FILLING
>>USA I.D Photos Front & Back
>>High Credit Score fullz (700+ Scores)
>>DL number, Employee Details, Bank Details Included
>>Complete Premium Info with Relative Info

***************************************
COMPLETE GUIDE FOR TUTORIALS & TOOLS

"SPAMMING" "HACKING" "CARDING" "CASH OUT"
"KALI LINUX" "BLOCKCHAIN BLUE PRINTS" "SCRIPTING"
"FRAUD BIBLE"

"TOOLS & TUTORIALS LIST"
=>Ethical Hacking Ebooks, Tools & Tutorials
=>Bitcoin Hacking
=>Kali Linux
=>Fraud Bible
=>RAT
=>Keylogger & Keystroke Logger
=>WhatsApp Hacking & Hacked Version of WhatsApp
=>Facebook & Google Hacking
=>Bitcoin Flasher
=>SQL Injector
=>Premium Logs (PayPal/Amazon/Coinbase/Netflix/FedEx/Banks)
=>Bitcoin Cracker
=>SMTP Linux Root
=>Shell Scripting
=>DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2 with & without pin
=>SMTP's, Safe Socks, Rdp's brute
=>PHP mailer
=>SMS Sender & Email Blaster
=>Cpanel
=>Server I.P's & Proxies
=>Viruses & VPN's
=>HQ Email Combo (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, AOL, etc.)

*Serious buyers will always welcome
*Price will be reduce in bulk order
*Discount offers will give to serious buyers
*Hope we do a great business together

===>Contact 24/7<===
==>Telegram > @leadsupplier
==>ICQ > 752822040
==>Skype > Peeterhacks
==>Wicker me > peeterhacks

Entertaining Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Bloggtoppen.se